Mommer Metall- und Kunststofftechnik GmbH is a traditional, independent family business.
On 1st of June 1924 the partners Mathias Bildstein, Kaspar Lück and Peter Mommer founded the lead and tin casting foundry Bildstein, Mommer & Co, which in the following decades became known worldwide under the memorable name BIMOCO.
In 1973, Faensen, a manufacturer of closures and packaging products for the pharmaceutical industry, was integrated into our company. This created the preconditions for the continuous expansion of the product range. From then on, more than 80 million plastic articles were produced annually. In the meantime, our plastic production has been rounded off with our own articles such as battery covers or plastic seals.
The company name was changed to Mommer Metall- und Kunststofftechnik GmbH in 1997.
- In 2018, we aim to achieve certification in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001:2015. We will also build a new warehouse.
- Construction of a new changing room including sanitary facilities. Modernization of the IT line network.
- Renewal of the electricity supply system on the company premises and purchase of a new transformer station. Purchase, installation and commissioning of a new merchandise management software.
- Investment in a new water chiller inc. Cooling water network and modern energy-efficient pumps.
- Commissioning of a new compressor plant connected to a new compressed air network.
- Since 01.02.2013 the lead products division of "Jansen und Buscher" belongs to our company!
- A major energy audit was carried out.
- Investment in a spark spectrometer for lead analysis, resulting in more flexible order processing and - a modern Arburg machine for the production of plastic parts.
- Certification according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008
- Move into new modern factory building with improved process organisation
- Renewal of a lead press (others will be overhauled in the next five years).
- Ecoprofit certification (Environmentally conscious acting and sustainable management).
- Construction of a new packaging machine for small parts and special customer requirements.
- The company is taken over by the Wirtz family.
- Since then, the company has been continuously focusing on its product range, taking into account modern economic and ecological aspects.
- 60 employees
- more than 300 new customers